Looking for research projects on amphibian ecology, systematics and/or conservation as part of your undergraduate or postgraduate degree?
I’m particularly interested in collaborating or supervising research projects that investigate:
- The effect of habitat modification, harvesting and disease on amphibian populations.
- Resolving species boundaries in poorly-known groups of frogs in biodiversity hotspots (& uncovering undiagnosed species diversity).
- The movement, habitat-use and microenvironment of amphibian species.
- Predicting the extinction vulnerability of amphibian species.
- The role of amphibians in ecosystems.
- Freshwater pathogens and their impact on freshwater biodiversity.
- The impact of climate change on amphibian populations.
I also have ideas for smaller projects more suitable for undergraduate research projects or short-term projects describing currently unknown tadpoles or frog advertisement calls.
Interested in joining our team as an intern and being part of The Amphibian Red List Authority, assessing the extinction risk of amphibian species in mainland Southeast Asia?